Job Title: Retail Shops Manager
Responsible to: Directors
Salary: £9.00/hr Plus commission.
CHALK CIC is a not for profit social enterprise, which co-ordinates a number of community projects enabling local people from all backgrounds to learn valuable skills to enrich their lives and build a better community.
Our shops are the centre pin of the whole organisation. They are the main source of income for our community projects, which relieve social isolation and poverty.
The ethos of CHALK is simple; whoever walks through our door is treated with respect, kindness and non-judgement. As a company, we are focused on improving our community and we believe that starts with how we treat each other.
Main Responsibilities of the Job
- To be responsible and accountable for maximising shop profit by achieving budgeted income, controlling shop expenditure in line with budget, recruiting and retaining a motivated team of volunteers’
- To act as line manager for team of volunteers within shops
- To maximise shop sales by achieving agreed targets through donated stock. This involves proactive stock generation, optimum pricing, processing stock to agreed amounts and stock planning.
- To maintain high levels of shop presentation by merchandising and housekeeping to agreed standards as discussed with the director.
- Role involves a degree of manual handling in sorting and lifting stock. Administration to ensure adherence to CHALK CIC policies and procedures.
- To ensure minimum losses of both stock and cash by following bank and till procedures, and safeguarding the property of CHALK CIC at all times.
- To adhere to all Policies and Procedures including those relating to the compliance with Health and Safety responsibilities.
- To complete all administration to a standard and deadlines that meet the requirements for whom this work is produced.
- To manage clearance of rubbish, un-saleable clothing (rags) on a regular basis using agreed contractors Personnel and Training to ensure the Shop team are recruited, retained and developed
- To be responsible for the daily management of the shop team, including performance reviews for any volunteer assistant shop managers/shop assistants.
- To recruit, support and retain teams of shop volunteers.
- Rosta volunteers to cover the opening hours of the shop and coordinate cover for sickness, holiday and other absences as needed
- Attend where appropriate, training courses relevant to the development of the role
- Promote awareness of relevant training courses and development opportunities to others within the team.
- Attendance at relevant meetings with management and responsible for cascading information to team as appropriate. Customer Service to ensure customer care and quality of service.
- To provide excellent customer care through quality of service, dealing with complaints both efficiently and effectively, and having an in-depth understanding of what CHALK CIC does. Note: There is a requirement to fulfil any other agreed duties that may at times be reasonably required that meets the needs of the business. This Job Description does not form part of your contract of employment.
- Experience of working in and preferably, managing, a team in a retail shop
- Experience of working within a customer focused environment
- Ability to prioritise and organise workload using basic administration skills
- Experience of pricing, selling and merchandising donated goods
- Ability to communicate effectively to a variety of stakeholders including volunteers, customers and management
Ideal candidate will have innovative sales techniques who will appreciate having creative input and can assist the directors in developing the existing business with the aim of increasing sales. Be a multi-tasker, energetic and with excellent people skills who can work under pressure and also socially and community minded.
Please call 01691 655895 if you have any questions.
Apply in writing sending a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or 17 Leg Street, Oswestry, Shropshire, SY11 2NL